Sunday, May 6, 2012

Embracing Monday: May 6th, 2012



I know, I know, but sometimes I go! & it's nice to see you again too! I hope you just thought that.

***

"Life is too short and we cannot spoil it. I don't have 300 years in front of me. So I just do the things that I really want to do at the moment because that's the only way you will do them well. If you don't believe in yourself, it won't work."

I spend an abhorrent amount of time looking at cool apartments, so at least this absolutely beautiful one is for a great cause.

I am always claiming I'll move somewhere new. Lately, Ohio City, Cleveland looks pretty damn cool.

I wish it was a theme park, but I guess this is more accurate.

So this actually happens?

"On our first date, I treated her to the finest ice cream Baskin-Robbins had to offer, our dinner table doubling as the curb. I kissed her, and it tasted like chocolate."


As much as I love glitz & glamour, there's something so realistic and adorable about this apartment that makes me happy inside. Like home should.

- Uhhh...

-Of course the same weekend I start reading John Ralston Saul I start reading headlines like this...

6 comments:

Tara said...

I love that Satrapi quote. Also, that apartment is really cool, and the cause does seem like a great one.

Rebecca Jane said...

The Obama first date story is easily the cutest thing ever.

Amber said...

I hope to move somewhere new too soon. Hopefully it will be Tennessee. :)

~ Faith said...

The bi-racial twins article was fascinating, make genetics seem so fun.

And Barack & Michelle's first date = adorable!
~F

bobb said...

Great links as always - particularly the -Marjane Satrapi interview

Johanna said...

Loving that simple apartment you featured a link, too. People make it look so easy...my house is in shambles.